HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
February 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Is anyone looking to get active again?
Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:15 am by IRoNHiDE

» Pics of my 2010 Camaro
Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:20 am by Dark

» Mustang GT pics
Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:00 am by KilLA

» How is everyonedoing?
Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:44 pm by drs220

» New PS3
Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:44 pm by GeoMars

» ALABAMA NATIONAL CHAMPS!
Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:55 pm by OpTiMuS

» HK clan
Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:42 pm by crimsontide22

» What's been up?
Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:09 pm by GeoMars

» Brett Favre
Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:42 pm by crimsontide22

» Vikings
Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:40 pm by OpTiMuS

» Hi
Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:24 pm by Sneaky

» Whats good people?
Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:20 pm by Sneaky

» Its official
Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:36 am by OpTiMuS

» Killa Here is that link to the lottery for beta
Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:54 am by xKrownRoyalxL4DX

» BFBC 2 BETA
Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:13 am by CaI2oLiNa

» piece of fucking shit
Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:43 pm by QuAnTuM

» some info
Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:16 pm by QuAnTuM

» FEAR
Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:58 pm by xKrownRoyalxL4DX

» new account
Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:28 pm by xKrownRoyalxL4DX

» Uncharted 2
Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:34 am by crimsontide22

» just picked it up today
Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:29 am by crimsontide22

» Thank God.... Great News
Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:22 pm by QuAnTuM

» Back to Chaos or a New clan?
Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:33 pm by CaI2oLiNa

» RAWNEZZ
Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:44 am by OpTiMuS

» The ASS Glitch
Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:10 pm by xKrownRoyalxL4DX

» Check it out!
Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:37 pm by drs220

» new bad company 2 trailer
Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:56 am by OZleon

» Don't hate...
Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:46 pm by drs220

» Whats up?
Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:40 pm by QuAnTuM

» R.I.P mOOse_nuCKle_VaJ
Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:18 am by KilLA

» Post your highest K/D ratio for weapon or vehicle
Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:19 pm by KilLA

» who has the ps3 slim?
Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:12 pm by KilLA

» PS3 Slim
Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:02 am by CaI2oLiNa

» BOOO
Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:31 pm by CaI2oLiNa

» I'm Behind You!
Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:14 pm by BioSoldier

» Sonys new POS
Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:55 pm by KilLA

» BFBC Spoof
Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:24 pm by BioSoldier

» I love EOTL + The AH-64
Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:43 pm by drs220

» This video is for all you hockey fans.... *Must watch*
Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:53 am by xKrownRoyalxL4DX

» OMG, you have to look!!!!
Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:36 am by xKrownRoyalxL4DX

Top posters
KilLA

CaI2oLiNa

QuAnTuM

Dark

GeoMars

drs220

BioSoldier

l3uLLeT-Pl2ooF_

crimsontide22

OZleon

Poll
Do you like the changes??
Hell yeah I like it much better
54%
 54% [ 81 ]
I liked the old look better
23%
 23% [ 35 ]
Its ok but could be better
23%
 23% [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 150

Share | 

(PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JeWBaG
Admin
Admin
JeWBaG

Male Number of posts : 244
PSN : N/A ATM

PostSubject: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:55 am

FragFX v.2 for the Playstation 3
-
The FragFX v.2 features a separate right hand mouse controller and
detachable left hand grip controller, ideal for experiencing the
traditional PC mouse and keyboard style game play of shooter games in a
console environment.

• v.2: Improved optical mouse
  • v.2: Improved Frag button
  • v.2: Improved mouse sensitivity
  • v.2: Improved motion sensitivity
  • v.2: Improved mouse buttons
  • v.2: Improved d-pad
  • v.2: Improved games support

• The right hand mouse controller has the complete set of PS3
    controller buttons. The mouse is used during game play to shoot, look
    left, right, up and down for that same PC style game play experience on
    thePlayStation 3.
  • The mouse is optimized for navigation within the recently announced PlayStation Home virtual world.
  • A menu mode on the mouse allows it to double as a regular mouse
    during menu selections. A lap mouse pad and left hand grip cradle is
    included with the FragFX to allow for comfortable play in a living room
    setting.
  • The left hand re-programmable grip (nicknamed the "FragChuck" by
    G4TV) has the full range of 6-axis motion control providing Wii-like
    motion sensitivity for the PlayStation 3. In games like Resistance:
    Fall of Man, to reload a weapon or to rifle butt an opponent, the user
    can swing the FragChuck.
  • The FragChuck also offers a game speed dial and frag button. When
    the frag button is pressed it slows the mouse down to incremental
    movement for smooth sniper shots. The speed dial allows for instant
    fast or slow overall game play. These two additional features let the
    user get out of battles as fast as they get into them.

Release for this new version is March 10:
Can be pre-ordered for $79.99 @ http://www.gogamer.com/FragFX-v-2-Controller-for-PS3-PS3-Accessories_stcVVproductId61793430VVcatId473192VVviewprod.htm

Reviews of The FragFx:
http://gear.ign.com/articles/799/799262p1.html
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/mouse-control-for-the-console-uk,review-29414.html
http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/SplitFish-FragFX/Item1615.aspx

Last edited by JeWBaG on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.chaos.hitart.com
JeWBaG
Admin
Admin
JeWBaG

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:58 am

Every button from the mouse to control can be set how ever you like via computer usb slot and the firmware can be updated as well. The reviews are for v1 but this is v2 with a lot of fixes and tweaks to mouse sensitivity etc.. listed in post. I've got one on pre-order from gogamer.com

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:24 am

I've been looking at this thing too, I'll be interested to know what you think when you get it. I wonder why GoGamer.com is the only site listing it currently. I check Amazon for the page every so often, it's not there, still only V1. $80 seems kind of steep too. Bah, I'll probably order it blind anyway. ......aaand I just did. People seem to be saying the worst thing about v.1 was the mouse pad, might need a replacement for this then too.

And damn you JeWBaG for making ChAos it's own f*ing PS3 theme, now I feel even more like shit. lol!
Back to top Go down
JeWBaG
Admin
Admin
JeWBaG

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:04 pm

B2K_Savager wrote:
I've been looking at this thing too, I'll be interested to know what you think when you get it. I wonder why GoGamer.com is the only site listing it currently. I check Amazon for the page every so often, it's not there, still only V1. $80 seems kind of steep too. Bah, I'll probably order it blind anyway. ......aaand I just did. People seem to be saying the worst thing about v.1 was the mouse pad, might need a replacement for this then too.

And damn you JeWBaG for making ChAos it's own f*ing PS3 theme, now I feel even more like shit. lol!

v2 isn't suppose to be released until 03/10, thats why its not anywhere else im guessing. As far as the mouse pad goes im going to be using my pc mouse pad since I play PS3 threw my pc monitor (22" 1080P Wide Screen) so not really a concern of mine but can see how it would be to others. I need to post a pic of my setup on here. My pc desk consists of so much shit right now. I have a Huge ATX Tower PC Case, Monitor, 2 Sets of Speakers (One for PC:3, One For PS3:5 and 1 Bass), a Linksys Router, a Cable Modem and a DSL Modem lol. The ammount of wires is crazy looking.

That theme was something I was testing and havent told anyone on here about yet lol. Loose lips sink ships bro lol....jk. I had to see what the images were going to look like on my PS3 and the only way I could download it on the PS3 was from there. Ive got some changes to make before its done but Im feeln it. Used clan SR'z button layout to test my background image real quick. BTW what do you think of it ATM?

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:02 pm

It looks good, I'm a bit jealous. That fire certainly doesn't look like crap.

My PS3 is hooked up to a crappy little 19" Magnavox HDTV. I have a 24" iMac that would probably be better to play on, but googling that just gave me headaches. There are articles about another PS3 mouse controller around, here: mLani MoBi.

Found a quote about the release date : “Retail meetings are now underway for the scheduled roll-out in the third week of May.”

Looks like the fragFX and MoBi are made by former partners now competing. I'm trying to figure out this XIM stuff ... more confused now. Now I don't know if I should cancel that fragFX v.2.
Back to top Go down
JeWBaG
Admin
Admin
JeWBaG

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:42 pm

I like the fact that the MoBi can be used on the pc but I am not a fan of anything wireless. Also this is there first version and most likely will have bugs etc as the FragFX is tested and being improved upon, also like that I will be able to flick my wrist and chop someone in the head with a nade lol or stab em in the neck etc. I think the best bet would be the FragFX depending on the price and if your willing to take more of a chance on actual performance ofcourse.

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:12 pm

It's up for pre-order on Amazon now: fragFX v.2. Is GoGamer a reputable site? I've never heard or ordered from them before I'm thinking maybe I should cancel and reorder from Amazon.
Back to top Go down
JeWBaG
Admin
Admin
JeWBaG

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:43 am

B2K_Savager wrote:
It's up for pre-order on Amazon now: fragFX v.2. Is GoGamer a reputable site? I've never heard or ordered from them before I'm thinking maybe I should cancel and reorder from Amazon.

I read reviews on gogamer.com and they were like 75% good 25% bad lol. If it's on Amazon now I would order from there as long as your card hasn't been charged yet as thats a pain in the ass.

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:07 pm

What the hell? Why isn't anyone in ChAos interested?
Back to top Go down
JeWBaG
Admin
Admin
JeWBaG

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:22 pm

B2K_Savager wrote:
What the hell? Why isn't anyone in ChAos interested?

None of them are pc gamers so the PS3 controls feel natural to them im guessing. If you come from pc games and try to use a control your hands are like wtf am i doing lol. I Felt like a fumbling idiot Sad

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:04 pm

Well I've come back to gaming after a few years not playing anything, but I remember I played all the early shooters on a PC with a mouse and keyboard. I played some of the N64 shooters but the controller there still only had one stick (were the shoulder buttons strafe then? I don't remember) so BFBC is the first shooter I have learned to play with two sticks.

I keep getting killed in situations where I have 3 or 4 people scouted, I kill one or two only to have the others kill me. It's so f*ing frustrating when you have the jump on a group and can't take them all out because it's so f*ing hard to shift with the sticks 3 or 4 times for headshots in a tight space. This would be a situation where grenades are a no go for whatever reason. I'm hoping this fragFX will cut down the amount of spray and pray I do in that situation. I almost never use recon maybe this will change that. It's obvious that lining up a mouse cursor over a target/s is way more precise than dragging the crosshairs around with sticks, overshooting your mark would be greatly reduced, I figured most gamers would see that. (especially in ChAos) Doesn't alignment become much easier?

I cancelled my order with GoGamer since I couldn't log into the site to check my order. (sent them an angry letter) Reordered it from Amazon ... I think the hardest thing to relearn will probably be the face buttons on the side of the mouse, dunno how that will turn out. That and the fact that I'm not playing at a computer desk so what the hell am I going to do about a mouse pad, the thing says it comes with a lap pad of some sort, but that Amazon video review on v.1 says it's crap.
Back to top Go down
KilLA
Admin
Admin
KilLA

Male Number of posts : 983
PSN : KiILA_ChAos

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:18 pm

Personally im just so used to using the controller that it would be a hard transition for me to try to switch to a mouse now. Some might like it better but its just not for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:17 am

I'm going to have to get used to it too, but I thought it was pretty well settled that a mouse is way more accurate than controller sticks.
Back to top Go down
KilLA
Admin
Admin
KilLA

Male Number of posts : 983
PSN : KiILA_ChAos

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:01 pm

Yeah my bro is always telling me that......but I am happy with the controller. But to each there own Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:03 pm

Well I have this thing pre-ordered but I've been thinking it might only be good for sniping. I'm picturing having to pick the mouse up for more room a couple times for spec or demo, and not liking what I'm thinking.
Back to top Go down
JeWBaG
Admin
Admin
JeWBaG

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:49 pm

B2K_Savager wrote:
Well I have this thing pre-ordered but I've been thinking it might only be good for sniping. I'm picturing having to pick the mouse up for more room a couple times for spec or demo, and not liking what I'm thinking.

Sounds like your thinking too much lol. Get a cheap big mouse pad or if you have a wooden desk just use it on that. If your trying to use it on your lap you prob wont like it

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:52 pm

This thing arrived today, haven't tried it out though, probably gonna have to change some furniture here first, and put my HDTV on my desk next to my iMac. What I can say is that all the buttons are top notch .... punchy crispy goodness.

Also the Amazon box it came in is HUGE. I thought they must have sent me the wrong order, but nope just a huge box.
Back to top Go down
JeWBaG
Admin
Admin
JeWBaG

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:52 am

let me know what you think of it when u get it going.. i sold my ps3 anyway but just wanted to know if i was on the right track

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:53 am

Sold your PS3?? I wanted to add you ... What about ChAos? Oh, 'Stongarm owner' ... does that mean you're a big PC MMO guy? Busy with Warcraft or something like that?

I mucked about with it on single player on BFBC, but still too new to me to tell much. My experimenting last night got cut short by an invite. It works just by plugging it in, no set up, although there are 5 different modes and some customizations you can do. The stick on the left hand nunchuk is almost identical to the DS3 stick, even in texture so that's pretty cool. L3 is pushing it in, just the same. I love the position of the face buttons on the side of the mouse, they work well and feel natural ... maybe even better than the DS3. It feels a bit better rocking your thumb to hit them ....... hitting jump then knife feels better on the fragFX than on the DS3 for example. The face buttons (and all the buttons) have better punchier feedback overall than the DS3. And overall the mouse part seems much better than the nunchuk part, but there's nothing horrid about it.

Things urking me a little so far:

I would prefer to have the d-pad and stick positions swapped. I wish the nunchuk was basically identical to the left side of the DS3. The frag button (dunno what that is yet) on the nunchuk is also seemingly in a bad spot right above the L1 and L2 shoulder buttons which seems like a bunch of mishaps waiting to happen. (but maybe not when I figure out what the frag button is) The plastic the whole thing is made of seems a little thin too, but not a deal breaker, I'm a little worried about it falling though. I'll use it a bunch and post some gameplay details. (maybe be a bit more concise too lol)

BTW in case you didn't see it anywhere, BFBC2 has been confirmed for PC this time around.
Back to top Go down
JeWBaG
Admin
Admin
JeWBaG

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:27 am

B2K_Savager wrote:
Sold your PS3?? I wanted to add you ... What about ChAos? Oh, 'Stongarm owner' ... does that mean you're a big PC MMO guy? Busy with Warcraft or something like that?

I mucked about with it on single player on BFBC, but still too new to me to tell much. My experimenting last night got cut short by an invite. It works just by plugging it in, no set up, although there are 5 different modes and some customizations you can do. The stick on the left hand nunchuk is almost identical to the DS3 stick, even in texture so that's pretty cool. L3 is pushing it in, just the same. I love the position of the face buttons on the side of the mouse, they work well and feel natural ... maybe even better than the DS3. It feels a bit better rocking your thumb to hit them ....... hitting jump then knife feels better on the fragFX than on the DS3 for example. The face buttons (and all the buttons) have better punchier feedback overall than the DS3. And overall the mouse part seems much better than the nunchuk part, but there's nothing horrid about it.

Things urking me a little so far:

I would prefer to have the d-pad and stick positions swapped. I wish the nunchuk was basically identical to the left side of the DS3. The frag button (dunno what that is yet) on the nunchuk is also seemingly in a bad spot right above the L1 and L2 shoulder buttons which seems like a bunch of mishaps waiting to happen. (but maybe not when I figure out what the frag button is) The plastic the whole thing is made of seems a little thin too, but not a deal breaker, I'm a little worried about it falling though. I'll use it a bunch and post some gameplay details. (maybe be a bit more concise too lol)

BTW in case you didn't see it anywhere, BFBC2 has been confirmed for PC this time around.

lol nah no world of warcraft for me i hate that type of shit, all first person shooters here, cod5 atm i just like the sig and my name in Vietcong use to be Strongarm/I.B. Ju-Daddy lol. The frag button is suppose to slow the sensitivity of the mouse for sniping if I remember right. Dont forget you can reprogram all the buttons via the pc to your liking if need be. Good Luck

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:01 am

If you sold your PS3, then what about playing with ChAos?
Back to top Go down
JeWBaG
Admin
Admin
JeWBaG

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:54 pm

B2K_Savager wrote:
If you sold your PS3, then what about playing with ChAos?

Not until they move to pc I guess lol! . I guess it would be possible to start like a pc division considering we've already got a teamspeak server/3 custom maps that people love in cod5 etc but I still wouldent be playing with the actual ChAos so kind of a waste of time lol.

PostSubject: Re: (PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*   

Back to top Go down

(PS3)*FragFX v.2- Mouse/PS3 Control w/ Wii Capabilities*
Page 1 of 1