Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» Is anyone looking to get active again?
just picked it up today EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:15 am by IRoNHiDE

» Pics of my 2010 Camaro
just picked it up today EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 4:20 am by Dark

» Mustang GT pics
just picked it up today EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 12:00 am by KilLA

» How is everyonedoing?
just picked it up today EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 3:44 pm by drs220

» New PS3
just picked it up today EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 5:44 pm by GeoMars

» ALABAMA NATIONAL CHAMPS!
just picked it up today EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 8:55 pm by OpTiMuS

» HK clan
just picked it up today EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 7:42 pm by crimsontide22

» What's been up?
just picked it up today EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:09 pm by GeoMars

» Brett Favre
just picked it up today EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:42 pm by crimsontide22

» Vikings
just picked it up today EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 4:40 pm by OpTiMuS

» Hi
just picked it up today EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 5:24 pm by Sneaky

» Whats good people?
just picked it up today EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 5:20 pm by Sneaky

» Its official
just picked it up today EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 12:36 am by OpTiMuS

» Killa Here is that link to the lottery for beta
just picked it up today EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 11:54 am by xKrownRoyalxL4DX

» BFBC 2 BETA
just picked it up today EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 4:13 am by CaI2oLiNa

» piece of fucking shit
just picked it up today EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 2:43 pm by QuAnTuM

» some info
just picked it up today EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 8:16 pm by QuAnTuM

» FEAR
just picked it up today EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 4:58 pm by xKrownRoyalxL4DX

» new account
just picked it up today EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 10:28 pm by xKrownRoyalxL4DX

» Uncharted 2
just picked it up today EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 1:34 am by crimsontide22

» just picked it up today
just picked it up today EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 1:29 am by crimsontide22

» Thank God.... Great News
just picked it up today EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 2:22 pm by QuAnTuM

» Back to Chaos or a New clan?
just picked it up today EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 4:33 pm by CaI2oLiNa

» RAWNEZZ
just picked it up today EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:44 am by OpTiMuS

» The ASS Glitch
just picked it up today EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 8:10 pm by xKrownRoyalxL4DX

» Check it out!
just picked it up today EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 5:37 pm by drs220

» new bad company 2 trailer
just picked it up today EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:56 am by OZleon

» Don't hate...
just picked it up today EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 7:46 pm by drs220

» Whats up?
just picked it up today EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:40 pm by QuAnTuM

» R.I.P mOOse_nuCKle_VaJ
just picked it up today EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:18 am by KilLA

» Post your highest K/D ratio for weapon or vehicle
just picked it up today EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 4:19 pm by KilLA

» who has the ps3 slim?
just picked it up today EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 4:12 pm by KilLA

» PS3 Slim
just picked it up today EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:02 am by CaI2oLiNa

» BOOO
just picked it up today EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 4:31 pm by CaI2oLiNa

» I'm Behind You!
just picked it up today EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 11:14 pm by BioSoldier

» Sonys new POS
just picked it up today EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:55 pm by KilLA

» BFBC Spoof
just picked it up today EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 9:24 pm by BioSoldier

» I love EOTL + The AH-64
just picked it up today EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:43 pm by drs220

» This video is for all you hockey fans.... *Must watch*
just picked it up today EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:53 am by xKrownRoyalxL4DX

» OMG, you have to look!!!!
just picked it up today EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:36 am by xKrownRoyalxL4DX

Top posters
KilLA
just picked it up today I_vote_lcapjust picked it up today I_voting_barjust picked it up today I_vote_rcap 
CaI2oLiNa
just picked it up today I_vote_lcapjust picked it up today I_voting_barjust picked it up today I_vote_rcap 
QuAnTuM
Dark
GeoMars
drs220
BioSoldier
l3uLLeT-Pl2ooF_
crimsontide22
OZleon
Poll
Do you like the changes??
Hell yeah I like it much better
just picked it up today I_vote_lcap54%just picked it up today I_vote_rcap
 54% [ 81 ]
I liked the old look better
just picked it up today I_vote_lcap23%just picked it up today I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 35 ]
Its ok but could be better
just picked it up today I_vote_lcap23%just picked it up today I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 150

just picked it up today

Go down 
+2
drs220
CaI2oLiNa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CaI2oLiNa
Major General
Major General
CaI2oLiNa

Male Number of posts : 784
PSN : Test

just picked it up today Empty
PostSubject: just picked it up today   just picked it up today EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 3:27 pm

so I picked up a copy of operation flashpoint: dragon rising, only played for about 30 minutes because of time restraints so this isnt going to be a long review. So far the controls are ok, they are similar to Resistance 2, and the game play almost copies rainbow six vegas with being able to commad the people in your squad so quantum should like that. It seems to be an open world type of deal with various different objectives you can go to but in no particular order but to finish the mission you must complete the objectives before moving on to another assignment. so far the graphics are pretty decent, the voice work could have been better when talking with your squad mates. It has a multiplayer mode, a co op mode, and a story mission mode, only started playing the story today but totally planning on doing the multiplayer tomorrow, and hopefully if someone else buys it I will be able to do co op. As of right now I like it, still trying to get the commands in order and trying to figure out what works best with what situation, I will let you guys know more tomorrow after I have had multiple hours of game play to give you a better review
Back to top Go down
drs220
drs220

Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: just picked it up today   just picked it up today EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 5:45 pm

I may get it tomorrow. Got Demon's souls today instead of OFP2, DS was almost a must have for me since I have been wanting to play a good action RPG for awhile and this one looks great. I'll put up a review in a couple days.
Back to top Go down
CaI2oLiNa
Major General
Major General
CaI2oLiNa

PostSubject: Re: just picked it up today   just picked it up today EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 12:43 pm

so here is my new review for operation flashpoint. So I tried playing the multiplayer today and didnt really like it. You have three different modes of play which is annihilation, co op, and infiltration. I played annihilation, and infiltration. Both of them I didnt really enjoy playing, you basically have 8 on 8 plus AI on both teams to help out with the mission. Annihilation is basically like conquest but there are no flags to capture but bases and enemies to kill and destroy. The world is very open, it was basically playing in the forrest and in some of the buildings and shacks spread around. Infiltration is basically one team is the hunter and the other is being hunted. If you are the attackers you only have 4 people and if you are being hunted you have a slighlty larger crew, the smaller team is basically a special operation force designed to eliminate the enemy. Right now it didnt seem like there were a lot of people playing multiplayer because I had a hard time trying to find and open match, maybe it was because it is new I am not for sure.

For the story mode, if you like Rainbow six vegas this is the game for you. You are in command of a 4 person squad which includes you. You are the squad leader and you give out the commands. If you have played rainbow six you should be familiar with the commands and it should be easy for you to play. There are several commands that allow you to play offense, defense and also tactical. I am only on the first mission and you are basically set out into the forrest to destroy a couple of bases and a missile launcher. As of right now I have only seen one vehicle which is a humvee, you can be a passenger, the gunner or the driver. So far the AI is kind of dumb, they really dont know how to drive, they get stuck a lot in front of buildings and what not but I like driving any way so thats not a problem.

So far you have your main gun with a back up, right now I have an assault rifle, a semi auto sniper rifle, a hand gun, grenades and some c4. I am not for sure if it customizable just yet because I havent got that far into it but you have a lot of different choices you can use whether you are going to snipe from a distance or go in guns blazing. You also have a set of binoculars that you can use in order to scout your terrain. You also carry a med kit to heal your wounds and heal your teamates. It is very similar to resistance multi in that you have a medic and assault and rifleman, your medic can heal you if you are wounded. I found the cool part about it is that if you get shot in the leg you cant run, if you get shot in the hand your steady aiming isnt so steady anymore, and it shows you where you are critically injured.

So in conclusion, if you are wanting to buy this for multiplayer then I wouldnt suggest it, but for right now I am enjoying the single play and looking forward to playing some co op if some ends up getting this game. If you dont like Rainbow Six vegas then this isnt the game for you because it is very strategical and you have to plan your attack and know what orders you want to give your squad. If you do like rainbow six than this is the game for you because it follows the same concept of gameplay but in a more open environment, I hope that this review helps the people that are interested in this game and hope to see some one else getting this so I can play some co op
Back to top Go down
OpTiMuS
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Number of posts : 108
PSN : PS3 PSN

PostSubject: Re: just picked it up today   just picked it up today EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 6:00 pm

I've heard this game is bad, but carolina made it sound amazing. hmmm
Back to top Go down
drs220
drs220

Number of posts : 438

PostSubject: Re: just picked it up today   just picked it up today EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 6:59 pm

OpTiMuS wrote:
I've heard this game is bad, but carolina made it sound amazing. hmmm

Uhhh, I dont see anywhere in his review where he got overly excited about anything on this game. He basically just said the Multi isnt fun from what hes played and the SP is pretty good. I just think this is going to be one of those Love it or Hate it type games. I dont think I'll be getting it since theirs so many other good games coming out soon, they should've released this a month or 2 ago when nothing good was being released.
Back to top Go down
CaI2oLiNa
Major General
Major General
CaI2oLiNa

PostSubject: Re: just picked it up today   just picked it up today EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 11:21 am

yeah I dont think that it is great, it is very hard, a lot of people will get frustrated with this game and thats why it will get bad reviews, this isnt your typical go in guns a blazing type games, it is a cross between Metal gear solid with being stealthy and strategical and rainbow six vegas. I want people to know that with every game it has its flaws, so I tried explaining everything the best way that I could, I like the game and if you buy it and dont like it then we have a difference of opinion and I hope no one gets mad at me, so we will see what happens. Thats why I wrote the length of the review that I did, I wanted people to get the right decision and decide for yourself if you are getting it or not, so if you do and dont like it I am sorry but I like it, but kind of tough to beat and I think thats why it will get bad reviews by few and good from others
Back to top Go down
CaI2oLiNa
Major General
Major General
CaI2oLiNa

PostSubject: Re: just picked it up today   just picked it up today EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 1:00 pm

dont get this game, I started playing it today again and got a little bit further and found a ton of glitches in the game play, it was alright for the first couple of missions but after that the guys were getting hard to control, and it seemed like the enemy does nothing but multiply and by the time you reach your objective you are by yourself and have no support so I wouldnt get this, I am going to be trading it back in today for something else
Back to top Go down
QuAnTuM
Major General
Major General
QuAnTuM

Male Number of posts : 729
PSN : QuAnTuIVI

PostSubject: Re: just picked it up today   just picked it up today EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 2:42 pm

CaI2oLiNa wrote:
dont get this game, I started playing it today again and got a little bit further and found a ton of glitches in the game play, it was alright for the first couple of missions but after that the guys were getting hard to control, and it seemed like the enemy does nothing but multiply and by the time you reach your objective you are by yourself and have no support so I wouldnt get this, I am going to be trading it back in today for something else

yea i think i will hold off buying, read some other reviews today and apparently the glitches and problems are beyond exceptable now. i see ppl constantly complaining about how terrible this is and it kills all the positives of the game, so i think i will wait for either A - get as a possible christmas gift or b - a decent price drop.
Back to top Go down
xKrownRoyalxL4DX
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
xKrownRoyalxL4DX

Male Number of posts : 201
PSN : xKrownRoyalxL4Dx

PostSubject: Re: just picked it up today   just picked it up today EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 3:27 pm

CaI2oLiNa wrote:
Trade it in and get a fucking copy of BFBC!!!! almost bought a copy so i could send you my old one.
Back to top Go down
crimsontide22
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
crimsontide22

Male Number of posts : 280
PSN : crimsontide22

PostSubject: Re: just picked it up today   just picked it up today EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Well unfortunately I did rent this game, and now I have a pain in my ass because I feel as I got screwed big time. OPF2 is quite possibly the worst game i've played on the PS3. It starts at the terrible graphics and mechanics, it looks like a PC game from 1997... Although the multiplayer lobby is set up nice, it doesn't work with the PSN, so when u try to invite friends u have to manually type their name in and it freezes up in the invite menu taking atleast 3-5 mins to get out of it.
Back to top Go down
CaI2oLiNa
Major General
Major General
CaI2oLiNa

PostSubject: Re: just picked it up today   just picked it up today EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:25 pm

yeah whoever bought this game got screwed but the weird thing about it is I looked online at some of the reviews that it got after being out a few days and on walmart there were a lot of people that loved this game and I DONT see how, I mean this game BLOWED the multiplayer SUCKED the most
Back to top Go down
crimsontide22
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
crimsontide22

Male Number of posts : 280
PSN : crimsontide22

PostSubject: Re: just picked it up today   just picked it up today EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 1:29 am

Haha, whoever said it was good must have just got through playing on their atari.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just picked it up today   just picked it up today Empty

Back to top Go down

just picked it up today
Page 1 of 1